Sunday, January 15, 2012

Keeping the Sabbath #8


1. A Song


2. A Verse
"Andrew, the brother of Simon Peter, was one of the two who heard John and followed Jesus. He first found his own brother Simon and told him, 'We have found the Messiah' - which is translated Christ -.
Then he brought him to Jesus." ~John 1:40-42

3. A Quote
"We cannot keep to ourselves the words of eternal life given to us in our encounter with Jesus Christ: they are meant for everyone, for every man and woman. ... It is our responsibility to pass on what, by God's grace, we ourselves have received." ~Pope Benedict XVI

4. An Image

5. A Blessing
Can I consider hot drinks a blessing?  Sorry if it seems silly, but this time of year, few things make me feel as cozy and comfy as a cup of hot cinnamon tea or caramel hot chocolate.  I am going to take them as a sign that God loves me.

6. An Intention
Please join me in praying for all Christians, that we would have a heart for evangelism.  My favorite part of today's Gospel is that Peter only knew Jesus because of Andrew, and Andrew only knew Jesus because of John.  It makes me grateful for those that have led me closer to Christ, and reminds me that I am accountable to do the same for the people in my life.  As Pope Benedict XVI said, "Anyone who has discovered Christ must lead others to Him.  A great joy must not be kept to oneself. It has to be passed on."

7. A Challenge
I WILL finish this book this week. It comes highly recommended, and I need to get back into a routine of spiritual reading.  The Christmas season threw me off.    But I really want to read this, so I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment