Friday, March 16, 2012

Double Tagged

No, I don't know these kids.  But they look like they are having fun playing tag, right?
I know, I know, I should not be doing this right now.  I should be working.  But I need a break.  And you just might too, hence why you are reading this.

Besides, I wasn't just tagged, I was double tagged, thanks to Cynthia and Rachel.
Double tagged sounds much more serious than tagged.
Kind of like double tapped- as in two shots to the chest meant to kill.
I think that I watch too many crime related TV shows.
But I digress.
I was tagged.

So Here's The Rules:
  1. The first rule is to post these rules.
  2. Post a photo of yourself then write 11 things about you/your life.
  3. Answer the questions for you set in the original post.
  4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
  5. Go to their blog/twitter to tell them you have tagged them
Garden of the gods, Colorado.  Don't mind the hair blowing in my face.
Eleven things about my life:
1. Speaking of hair blowing in my face, I would much rather drive with the windows down than with the air conditioning on.
2. Most days, you will find me wearing a skirt.  On other days, I will be wearing a dress. Rarely am I seen in pants.  Which makes me glad that spring (summer!) is here in Illinois- no more tights and leggings.
3. I am a complete and total introvert.   I have to work really hard to be "on" in front of people, and it's exhausting.  I could easily hole up someplace and not talk to or see anyone for a week (or honestly much longer) and be perfectly happy.
4.  I really like crime TV shows- NCIS, NCIS LA, Bones, Covert Affairs, etc.   I think this is interesting because I don't like violence, murder, lies, blood, or lawyers.
5. I am in a book club.  And it is not just an excuse to gossip.  We are nerds and enjoy using study guides with our post-it-note and highlighter marked books.
6. I am excited that many bridemaids' dress styles are currently sporting pockets.  This matters because I have a feeling that I will be adding extensively to my bridemaids' dress collection over the next couple of years.  And pockets make it seem more bearable for some reason.
7. If I could gain any talent with no effort, it would to be able to sing well.  Not that I would want to perform anywhere (see #3) but I so enjoy singing and wish that I could do so without making babies cry or dogs bark.
8. If I can help it, I will never own a cat.  I will only relent on this if I live on a farm and need them to kill mice.
9. I would rather shop for office supplies than clothes.  (Oh, Office Max- the paper, the markers, the organizational possibilities.)
10.  I sometimes think that I was born in the wrong era (not for real, God!  I know you got it right!) If I could pick another time to live in, it would either be the 1870s or the late 1940s.
11. I apparently have a hard time coming up with 11 random things about myself. Ummm...oh, if I had been a boy, my parents would have named me Seth. ta-da

I am going to cheat a bit on the rules, because I was double tagged.  I will answer both Cynthia and Rachel's questions, but I am not going to write my own.  I'm a crazy rule breaker like that.

Cynthia's Questions:
  1. Mini-van or other? Someday a mini van, maybe, but not until I reach the three kids mark.
  2. Favorite clothing item? My crazy-four-different-prints-"real"-silk-wrap skirt from Hawaii, sold to me by a crazy vendor.
  3. Best friend in the whole wide world? Why? Very hard to answer.  My sisters are the longest and closest, so we will go with them.
  4. Favorite movie? Return to Me
  5. Your favorite trait about yourself? Hmmm...although it is also sometimes a source of frustration, I think my creativity.
  6. Best concert you've ever been to? A long time ago: Dierks Bentley-danced-at-the-edge-of-the-stage-got-our-shirts-signed-then got-pulled-over-by-bored-cop-on-the-way-home...
  7. Most difficult decision you've ever had to make? Leaving my job last year.
  8. What did you want to be when you were little? A teacher.
  9. Favorite quote? This is like asking which star is my favorite.  A current favorite is "Not all are called to be artists in the specific sense of the term. Yet, as Genesis has it, all men and women are entrusted with the task of crafting their own life: in a certain sense, they are to make of it a work of art, a masterpiece." -Blessed John Paul the Great
  10. Most expensive item [at the grocery store] that you have ever purchased?? Bulk packaged toilet paper.  Holy cow, that stuff is expensive enough when you are not buying 54 rolls.
  11. Best television series you have ever watched? NCIS.  After 10 years, they still have a strong character plot going on along with interesting issues in individual episodes.

Rachel's Questions:
(these are easier, because I think that we talked about many of these things around 4 in the morning on our trip back from Colorado this fall)
  1. Most Memorable Moment- I have really strong memories of a Confirmation I attended at the Cathedral last year.  I was a sponsor, and it was a very moving event.  I don't have any big memories of my own Confirmation, but this one reminded me that the Confirmed are marked indelibly by God, and the the Spirit is at work in us.   It was very powerful.
  2. Favorite Childhood TV Show- Full House.  I wanted to be D.J.
  3. Kitchen Item You Cannot Live Without- My avocado-green-third-owner-OLD-kitchen-aid-mixer.  It was made right.
  4. Favorite Saint.Why? -St. Joseph.  He was the closest person to Jesus and Mary, and even though he had the King of the Universe in his living room, St. Joe was the one charged to provide and protect.  I like that he was a man of action who listened to God.  I appreciate his strength and his character as he prays for the universal Church.
  5. Top 5 Favorite Anthem Songs- Anthem?  As in, I shouldn't really like this, but I do, and I am going to sing it at the top of my lungs? Here's a few.
    1. The Boxer, by Simon and Garfunkel
    2. Hail Holy Queen, Sister Act Style
    3. I Should Of Been a Cowboy, by Toby Keith
    4. Your Eyes, Peter Gabriel
    5. Everything I Do, Bryan Adams
  6. Favorite Recipe-anything that I can't screw up. I'm a big fan of soup- it is very forgiving.  Here's a good one that I made recently.
  7. Favorite Lip Smackers Flavor- Strawberry.  Keep it simple.
  8. Dream Vacation- Italy.
  9. Coffee, Tea or Pop- Coffee, with a close second to Diet Coke.
  10. Favorite CD that you can listen to the whole thing- Sara Groves Fireflies and Songs- every song is different, but I love them all.
  11. If you could have an actress to play you in a movie, who would it be? Why?- I think Katherine Heigl.  No strong reason why, but I think that I like her- bubbly, can pull off awkward, beautiful, and funny.  More of the qualities that I wish I had :)
Whew, that was a lot of info.
I tag... Anita, Steph, Becca, and Kayla.
You can pick one of the above sets as your questions, or mix and match. Have fun!

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Ps-I miss you bunches and love the glamorous wind blowing through your hair pictures. Oh the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look forward to following up on my tag tomorrow afternoon. My first moment of "down" time in three weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Katie! I'm so glad you did this...as I LOVE, love getting to know you better. Always ;) Hmmm, let's see...#4 made me laugh out loud...and I totally agree with #10. Sometimes I sit and wonder what that would be like too. And just for the record, I think you can totally pull off "awkward, beautiful and funny." Although...I'm not sure if ever saw you be awkward...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Cynthia, if only you knew all the awkwardness :)

    Anita, I look forward to reading your responses.

    Thanks, Rachel and Cynthia for the tag! It was fun!

    ReplyDelete