Ten years ago today, I was turning 18. I had just graduated from high school, had traded in my Ford Tempo for a 2001 Ford Taurus (whut! whut!), and was prepping to start college in the fall.
1. That reliable, predictable Katie would Q-U-I-T a "good" job in a "bad" economy with no safety net but the Good Lord...
|(This is a shot of MOH Katie with the dollar dance money from S&S wedding, fyi, not my savings account in hand.)|
2. That a priest would offer me a ministry position at a Church. That I would tell him no for months and end up relenting. And that it would be one of the best decisions that I have made.
3. That I would still be single. (Sorry to be melancholy, but we've gotta speak the truth.)
6. That even when living in small towns, I would miss the smell of soil and grass and fresh air, the beauty of watching a storm blow in from an open horizon, the ability to walk outside and sit in a yard without a neighbor on the other side of a fence, the chance to watch things grow day by day... Even though I have lived in towns that are "rural" in most cases, I will still miss being in the country.
9. That I would be writing thoughts and putting them out on that new internet thing. And that some people (besides my mom) would actually be reading them.
Who knows where I will be found or who I will be in ten years...if blogging is still a thing then and I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, we'll do part two of this post :) Check back in 2023!