Sunday, January 29, 2012

Keeping the Sabbath #10



1. A Song

2. A Verse
"And the Lord said to me, 'This was well said. I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their kin, and will put my words into his mouth; he shall tell them all that I command him.
Whoever will not listen to my words which he speaks in my name, I myself will make him answer for it.'" ~Deuteronomy 18:17-19

3. A Quote
Let nothing disturb thee; Let nothing dismay thee; All thing pass; God never changes. Patience attains All that it strives for. He who has God finds he lacks nothing: God alone suffices.” ~St. Theresa of Avila


4. An Image
mountains, but not the ones Moses taught from.  these are in Oahu, and God made them too.


5. A Blessing
The voice of truth, spoken through the prophets of ages, just like God promised in today's reading from Deuteronomy.

6. An Intention
I will be praying this week for leadership in all Christian Churches, and especially for all involved in the GIFT program in the Catholic Diocese of Peoria.  We can get too caught up in organization and structure, and lose focus on Christ's mission to be His hands and feet.

7. A Challenge
I am fasting from my snooze button.  No sleeping in.  No "five more minutes." Ugh.  But it is a good challenge, and I am offering it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment