Each egg contains an object related to Holy Week and a slip of paper explaining the item with a corresponding Bible Verse.
1. Holy Water- for when Jesus washed the feet of the Disciples on Holy Thursday
2. Picture of hands breaking bread- for the institution of the Eucharist
3. A nickel- for the silver coins Judas got for betraying Jesus
4. A Lamb- (lamb picture with fuzzy cotton glued on) because Jesus was our sacrificial Lamb
5. Piece of leather string- for the leather whips used on Jesus at the scourging
6. Picture of crown of thorns- for the crown placed on Jesus, our King of kings
7. Small wooden cross- for the cross Jesus carried on Good Friday
8. Three Nails- for the nails that held Jesus to the cross
9. Picture of a soldier with a spear- for the lance that pierced Jesus' side after His death
10. Small piece of white cloth- for the linen that they wrapped Jesus' body in
11. Small rock- for the stone rolled in front of the tomb
12. Empty Egg- for the empty tomb on Easter morning- Alleluia! He is risen!
|decoration for the top of the egg cartons|
|objects with Scripture verses|