"…They called the church together and reported what God had done with them and how he had opened the door of faith..." ~Acts 14:27
Last October, Pope Benedict declared that a "Year of Faith" will be celebrated from October 11, 2012 to November 24, 2013. With this overarching theme, some fellow DREs and I decided to run with the idea by providing resources surrounding the Creed at our upcoming training night. So, I am working on creating some activities that emphasize what we believe based on the Nicene Creed.
Project One: A mobile that draws attention to the Trinity in the structure of the Creed. It contains the entire text, and shows what we believe about God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
1. Print out the document linked below on cardstock, one set for each child.
2. It is easier to copy the circles back to back, but if you can't do that, cut them out and glue them together.
3. Color all of the pieces. The top piece gets folded in half.
4. Then use a small hole punch to add a hole everywhere there is an X.
5. Cut out the center circle of a paper plate and punch five holes in it according to this diagram: