Then I remembered this neat technique we used in a Christian club I was in during high school. It is about using your fingers as memory tricks to help you pray for a wider variety of people.
- Pinky Finger- Smallest and weakest finger-Pray for the sick, dying, weak, homeless, uneducated, etc.
- Ring Finger- Finger that is a symbol of commitment and family- pray for those you are closest to- friends and family
- Middle Finger- Stands up tall- Pray for those in positions of leadership- The president, government leaders, principals, employers, etc.
- Pointer Finger- Points the way- Pray for those who are an example of Christian life- The Pope, bishops, priests, teachers, mentors
- Thumb- Closest to you- Pray for your concerns, plans, hopes, and fears
Click here for the printable: