Sunday, March 30, 2014

Regina Coeli Mini Book for Kids

My students have memorized the Angelus this year using this mini book, and we pray it together as a class every day just before we leave for lunch.  I love being united with Christians around the world praying the same prayer that honors Mary's yes to God, and calls to mind the amazingness of the Incarnation, God become man for us. 

However, we are about to move into the Easter Season.  Everything should look different during the Easter season for the life of a Christian, and noon prayer is no different :).  From Easter until Pentecost, we won't pray the Angelus, which remembers the Incarnation, but will instead pray the Regina Coeli, which celebrates the Resurrection.

Regina Coeli means "Queen of Heaven" in Latin.  We praise the Resurrection of Mary's Son along with her.  "Queen of Heaven rejoice, for He whom you did merit to bear has risen as He said, alleluia."

Print it back and front on a single sheet of paper, fold, staple, color, and you have an eight page mini book containing the words of the prayer, some history, meaning of unique words, and illustrations.
 Click here for the printable:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ETRkL51fhMdkdEa1AycXkyT1U/edit?usp=sharing

Also, if you are interested you can click here for the Angelus Mini Book:
http://looktohimandberadiant.blogspot.com/2013/09/angelus-mini-book.html

10 comments:

  1. This is great! Have you ever thought about opening a store on Teachers Pay Teachers? There is a true need on that site for things like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Glorea! I haven't looked into TpT too heavily, because I still want to offer items for free. I know that it would give a lot more exposure to the stuff that I create, so it is certainly something to consider. Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
    2. I really appreciate your work being free. I love TpT, but it can get expensive when you are not being reimbursed. Your work is a true gift and blessing and I am so grateful that you are sharing your talents so freely!! Please know that I offer you and your work in prayer as a form of payment- no matter how small!

      Delete
  2. You are such an awesome teacher, I want to be in your class! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really pleased I found the printable for the Regina Coeli Prayer---perfect for my 3rd graders at Regina Coeli School! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These printables look great, but they don't print the text. It's all blacked out. I've tried so many ways to download and print and it just doesn't work..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry your having trouble! Sometimes that happens with embedded fonts and updates to PDF viewers. If you email me at looktohimandberadiant (at) gmail (dot) com I'd be happy to email you the original to see if that helps. I'd also suggest downloading using the latest version of Adobe Reader.

      Delete
  5. Happy Thursday my dear,
    I am so grateful for these lovely mini books to add to our growing collection! Can you possibly help me with my craft challenge? I am wondering if this is a 'color and fold' or cut, color and staple project? Your genius skills and tips will really help me :) p.s. I have printed 2 sided...I can easily print 1 to 1 side if best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! It is intended to be printed double sided, cut horizontally down the middle, stacked, and stapled in the center. Or you can copy single sided, cut out each individual page, stack in order, and staple on the side. Either way works!

      Delete