Monday, July 20, 2015

Corporal Works of Mercy Teaching Tools

The Corporal Works of Mercy as outlined by Christ in Matthew 25 give us direction for how to care for the bodily needs of people around us.  This great article offers inspiration to see living out these works of mercy beyond the basics.  I've created a few teaching tools to help us teach kids about the Corporal Works of Mercy, and hope that they spark discussion about how we all (those kids included) can find ways to serve Christ and his people in these seven ways.

Click here for a coloring page of the seven Corporal Works of Mercy:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ETRkL51fhMazByR21ZeEU3VUk/view?usp=sharing


Click here for an eight page mini book of the Corporal Works of Mercy with a simple image and label:
(print two sided, cut horizontally, stack, fold vertically, staple on fold for an 8 page 5.5"x 4.25" mini book)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ETRkL51fhMdmdxbzM3YlFHdW8/view?usp=sharing
This version of the mini book has enough room that kids could write a practical way that they can live out these Works of Mercy.  For example on the "give food to the hungry" page, kids could list things like "help set the table" and "donate to the food pantry."  For the "visit the imprisoned" page, kids could like things like "send cards to someone homebound" and "visit my grandparents."  Thinking outside of the box can help kids see that they too can help fulfill Jesus' call to Christians to care for each other as if they were caring for Him.

Click here for an eight page mini book of the Corporal Works of Mercy with a simple image, label, and the text of Matthew 25:31-46:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ETRkL51fhMbXozWDVlS0doTDQ/view?usp=sharing 

And check this post for the matching coloring pages and mini books for the Spiritual Works of Mercy!

39 comments:

  1. What a nice recourse to learn about the works of mercy. Thank you so much. I pinned it so that other people could down load it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammy! I appreciate you sharing my blog with other people!

      Delete
    2. God bless you, Katie! I downloaded some of your pages for my second graders. Your website is awesome! May Jesus truly bless the Year of Mercy for you!
      In His Most Sacred Heart,
      Sister Mary Kathleen, SCMC

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much Sr. Mary Kathleen!

      Delete
  2. Love this and am looking forward to the Spiritual Works of Mercy! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erika! That post will be up tomorrow!

      Delete
  3. WOW!!! LOVE these!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! LOVE these!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE these! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't seem to fit the minibook on the Spiritual Acts of Mercy on one page. Can you give me some advise on this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! I'm sorry that you are having trouble! The files are formatted as PDFs, so you don't need a specific software to download and print it. If I were you, I would double check the print settings your program is set to and make sure they are set to actual size or fit. If you continue to have trouble, please email me and I will email you the file directly or maybe send it to you as an image. Thanks! katherine (dot) bogner (at) gmail (dot) com

      Delete
  7. These will be great for my 3rd Graders.Excited for the Year of Mercy!
    JMJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so blessed to have found your site, thank you so much! You give me hope for the future. Your parents must be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited to have found this site. God Bless you! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited to have found this site. God Bless you! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I have a pictures with colors ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm sorry- I don't have these images in color. You would be welcome to print the black and white version, color it, and scan it yourself. Sorry!

      Delete
  12. Can I have a pictures with colors ?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you - I came across this and was super excited to see that you are just offering for people to use! Very nice job - I will be using with my CCD class!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are wonderful!! Thank you for blessing many others with your scripture printables! God bless you a hundred fold.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is so amazing! Thank you Katie! God bless you :)
    Denise from Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank You so much for your ministry. I am teaching 3rd and 4th grade this year and you have so many helpful things. This is the second week in a row when I am googling your page has had what I am looking for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa! So glad to have been of help! Prayers for you and your 3rd & 4th graders!

      Delete
  17. Thank you so much for your helpful lessons. God bless you my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Still so helpful!! Thanks again for keeping this up so I can use it when my kids are finally old enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you! These really help round out lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are perfect for my 3rd graders, although I've had to translate into French! Will you create updated versions to add Care for Creation, which Pope Francis recently declared is both a spiritual and corporal act of mercy? Thanks for this fantastic resource. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for this lovely way to share the works of Mercy with children. So many sites just want you to sign up for something in order to get their free help. You have made so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Katie,
    Your resources are beyond helpful!!! Thank you for using your time, talent, and treasure for Our Lord!
    Happy Easter!
    Blessings,
    Sister Heather Sikes, Sister of Our Lady of Sorrows, OLS
    Las Cruces, New Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  23. May God reward you, Katie!! What an amazing resource to have stumbled upon. You have done so much work and spared me of it!! Truly, a great work of MERCY!
    Me and my humble group of 11 little ones will be praying for you at our first meeting of Servants of Mercy, here in San Diego, CA. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, and thank you for your prayers!

      Delete