Friday, August 12, 2016

Decorating for St. Mother Teresa Theme

Mother Teresa's canonization on September 4th inspired our CCD theme for the year.  I'm in the midst of back-to-school-paperwork-copies-and-mailings, but it is much more fun to work on the decorations and displays, so I thought I'd share how we are honoring this soon to be Saint.

Here's a few ideas for you!

I created a bulletin board modeled after the sari worn by the Missionaries of Charity using two widths of blue painters tape over white paper:


I added a crucifix like the one Mother Teresa wore, a construction paper pencil, the quote "I am a small pencil in God's hand," and a poster of her from Pauline Media.

I've also got a poster from the lovely work of Cassie Pease Designs:

I added a similar set of stripes and a pencil in the entry coming downstairs to our CCD classrooms:

And we already had a kid sized mural of Mother Teresa in our hallway:

But until I can find the matching wall paint, she gets a paper sign Saint upgrade:

Signs for classroom doors with student names:

Click here for the printable door signs (if you want to use these and need the name of the classroom edited, I'd be happy to help.  Send me an email at looktohimandberadiant (at) gmail.com)

And matching folder covers:

With Mother Teresa prayer cards inside.  (from here)

Click here to print the folder covers:

And welcome back post cards:

Click here to print the postcards:
And more Mother Teresa projects in the works!

How are you planning on celebrating her canonization?



8 comments:

  1. Katie, this is so lovely! Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a treasure trove of ideas! Thank you for sharing them with us! I can't wait to use these ideas this school year. I'll be looking forward to all of your celebration ideas! God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Love, love, love the use of blue painters tape to make her sari. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! I've seen people do it on sheets to make All Saints Day costumes, so I thought why not a bulletin board? :)

      Delete
    2. If you look on Twitter, I'm @BarbInNebraska and I posted 2 photos. I also shared them and our school theme with Fr. James Martin and he gave me a 'like'!

      Delete
    3. I love how they turned out! And famous people like it too! ;)

      Delete
  4. You are a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete