I have posted before about my version of Resurrection Eggs. You can click here for those ideas:
Resurrection Eggs (and of course, Station of the Cross Eggs) tend to focus on the events of Holy Week- Palm Sunday, the Last Supper, Good Friday, etc. and then end with the Resurrection.
After deciding to create some lessons focusing on Way of Light,(you can see my posts so far here and here), I also wanted to create a hands on craft to help tell the story of the Way of Light.
I thought that a new version of Resurrection Eggs that focused on the events after the first Easter morning would be a neat way to continue the same idea. Small objects, each rich in symbolism but easy to understand, tied in with verses from the Bible, all stored in one spot.
Cue The Way of Light Resurrection Eggs:
I actually decided to not put all of the objects inside plastic Easter eggs- I wanted to be able to see all of them at once. You could still put them in eggs for storage purposed if you like.
1. Jesus rise from the dead
2. Women find the empty tomb
3. The risen Lord appears to Mary Magdalene
4. The risen Lord appears on the road to Emmaus
5. The risen Lord is recognized in the breaking of the bread
6. The risen Lord appears to the disciples in Jerusalem
7. The risen Lord gives the disciples the power to forgive
8. The risen Lord strengthens the faith of Thomas
9. The risen Lord meets the disciples on the shore of Lake Tiberius
10. The risen Lord confers primacy on Peter
11. The risen Lord sends the disciples into the whole world
12. The risen Lord ascends into heaven
13. Waiting with Mary in the Upper Room
14. The risen Lord sends the Holy Spirit
Here are the objects that I used to symbolize each Station. (A printable list is at the end of the post)
Station 1 & 2- An empty Easter egg to symbolize the empty tomb
There you have it! Fourteen objects telling the story of the fifty days after Easter.
Click here for the printable egg carton label:
You can use this as a list to guide your discussions, could cut them in strips and roll them into eggs with the objects, etc.